The Coronavirus pandemic has highlighted fundamental problems in our society where poverty, inequality and inadequate healthcare are all too common.
I am standing in this election because I believe we can do better.
Having lived in Flintshire for over 25 years, my roots are deeply embedded here.
I qualified as a Chartered Insurance Risk Manager and have worked for leading commercial and agricultural insurers.
I am now the Welsh Lib Dems’ Economy Spokesperson so my brief is to focus on measures which will create a more prosperous and fairer society.
I will ensure we put recovery first by:
- Protecting jobs and businesses – bringing life back to our high streets with a £500m Welsh Towns Fund and replacing business rates
- Improving our health and well-being – putting mental health on a par with physical health, getting cancer and other screening back on track and treatment waiting times down
- Addressing the climate emergency with £1bn investment each year in green jobs and warmer homes
- Enhancing Education – expanding lifelong learning, continuing free school meals during holidays and providing free universal childcare from 9 months to school age
- Building Strong Communities – constructing 30,000 new social homes for rent across Wales